Dr. Pradeep RaiSenior Advocate
THE SENIOR ADVOCATE
Mr. Pradeep Rai Mr. Pradeep Rai is a distinguished Senior Advocate practicing at Supreme Court of India. He is currently holding the esteemed position of Chairman of the India Legal Research Foundation and India Legal Aid Centre. Mr Rai’s impressive career also includes two terms as the Vice President of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA). Mr. Rai has over 25 years of standing at the Bar in the Supreme Court of India, various High Courts, Commissions, Regulatory Bodies and Tribunals. He has an experience in litigation across a wide spectrum of civil, criminal, revenue and constitutional issues. Mr. Rai is the founder of various sub-committees of the Supreme Court Bar Association that includes Grievance Committee, E-Committee, Health Committee, Bar Coordination Committee, Culture Committee and State Sub-Committee.
He has launched several schemes in the interest of the Bar that includes discounted travel scheme, affordable housing scheme, free medical facilities, academic-professional excellence and training programs and free Fast Tag scheme for the members of the Bar.
Mr. Rai was instrumental in registration of the Supreme Court Co-operative Housing Society and allotment of land for the housing society in Noida. He was also a part of the litigation team with Mr. PH Parekh, the then President of the Supreme Court Bar Association, that filed a PIL which resulted in additional land allotments for the Supreme Court of India at the place where the new building complex of the Supreme Court is situated.
Mr. Rai and his team has been organising several camps, events, seminars and lecture series at the Supreme Court of India, the Indian Society of International Law and Judicial Academies. It also includes various personality development programs for the young members of the Bar.
His team has also organised Driving Licence (DL) Camps, Election Commission Camps, Passport Camps, in addition to reopening of Railway Reservation Counter at the Supreme Court premises and introducing Discounted Air Ticketing Scheme for the convenience of the Bar members.
Mr. Rai is also the Chairman of India Legal Aid Centre and India Legal Research Foundation. The foundation has been organising several cultural competitions and debates for families of the Bar to excel their talents and build confidence for over a decade.
He was the Vice Chairman of National Anti-Doping Agency which is the premier organization under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for promoting, coordinating and monitoring doping control in all the sports in India.
He has represented various top corporate houses, celebrities, film stars, politicians and Chief Minister of various states.
Having a deep-seated passion for the access to justice, a renowned human rights activist Mr. Rai has closely worked with 25th Chief Justice of India, Hon’ble Mr. Justice M. N. Venkatachaliah and 27th Chief Justice of India, late Hon’ble Mr. Justice J.S. Verma and played an important role in the area of prison reforms.
- In the year 2015, designated as, “Senior Advocate”.
- Advocated for several Corporate Houses, Chief Ministers of various States, Union Ministers, and Celebrities.
- Appeared in the highly sensitive cases, before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, in various High Courts and several commissions of Enquiry.
- Founder of ENC Communication Pvt. Ltd., a premier and trusted legal outsourcing and free legal aid centre of India.
- Closely worked with, Sr. Advocate Mr. Harish N. Salve, former Solicitor General of India and Sr. Advocate Mukul Rohatgi, former Attorney General for India.
- Frequently appearing on legal awareness programmes of all the leading national TV News and Talk Shows (National/International) for more than two decade.
- Having participated and organized and spoken in a number of International and National Seminars and Conclaves on various issues relating “Access to justice.
- L.D (Honorary) from Invertis University, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- M.A. from Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- LL.B from Banaras Hindu University.
Position inProfessional Bodies
- Member of the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA), a statutory agency under the aegis of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
- President of Society for Human Rights and Civil Liberties (SHRCL), a leading body of human rights organisation.
- Trustee and Chairman, the India Legal Research Foundation (ILRF).
Represented individual clients and organisations in various civil, criminal and commercial litigations:
- Have been amicus curiae in matters involving State Governments, Airport Authority and Judicial Reforms;
- Appointed as a Court Commissioner by the Guwahati High Court, Assam, to submit a report on conditions of the roads in Nagaland;
- Appointed as a Court Commissioner by the Allahabad High Court, to hold a probe into the matter involving irregularities in allotment of assets in Noida and Greater Noida Authority;
- Have appeared for and represented former Presidents of India, Vice Presidents of India, Prime Minister of India and, number of present and past Union Cabinet Ministers, Chief Ministers, State Ministers, noted figures of film industry, Superstars, Noida Authority, Election Commission of India (ECI), Bombay High Court, Patna High Court, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) and Industrial Development Authorities of Uttar Pradesh and other large commercial industries;